The Vehicle Finance Sales Manager will be responsible for setting up their own department incorporating sales, underwriting, procurement, collections and operations that currently facilitate the finance agreements for the purchases of the commercial vehicle sales. The role will be responsible for introducing vehicle finance sales to the logistic and transport sector and in particular companies that run fleets of commercial vans. Success in this role requires someone who is sales driven, highly ambitious and commercially aware.
Send to someone
- High-level interaction with clients and internal stakeholders to ensure a joined-up, efficient approach to delivering continued sales growth and continuous improvement
- Set up, manage and take responsibility for the new vehicle finance department, be a motivator and a go to person for the department staff and company directors.
- Ensuring the new department is fit for purpose, fully understand our unique finance IP and continue to develop and test our underwriting process and formula.
- Manage finance defaults, collections, vehicle recovery and auctions and achieve our underwriting objectives.
- Have an existing network of suppliers/dealerships across the UK, so the group business can improve its purchasing ability, develop revenue streams and achieve greater profitability.
- Implement risk management and internal controls, work with the trading board and shareholders to develop new business solutions as the business develops.
- Ability to provide updated weekly/monthly management reporting.
- Ensuring team building is prioritised with a focus on employee motivation, addressing any motivational issues as they arise
- Taking a flexible approach to people management to ensure that each individuals needs are tailored to ensure productivity and job satisfaction
- Providing on-going feedback to team members to facilitate continuous personal development and success
- Addressing performance issues in a pro-active, fair and timely manner
- Ensuring all members of the team are fully trained, knowledgeable and up to date
- Supporting the implementation of learning plans and structured training
- Develop and maintain an excellent level of understanding and knowledge of IN-SYNC Groups’ products and services
- Take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed performance objectives
- Support colleagues and team members with professional problems, working to help them to resolve any issues
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Proven Sales Manager, Sales Director or Key Account Director with experience of managing a sales team
- Min 3 years background in fleet management within the commercial vehicle industry
- Relevant experience in new and used commercial vehicle sales
- Excellent skills in asset recovery
- Excellent understanding in vehicle brokerage
- Good example of past business accruement through forward thinking within asset purchases.
- This role will require someone with pro-active thinking and who will create new opportunities within this innovative bespoke group vehicle product.
Up to 25 days holiday
Professional study support
Car Sharing Incentive Scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme
Healthcare Cash Plan or Perkbox Membership
Learn more about us
We’ve come a long way since we started out and we know we’ve got a long way to go.
What we stand for
We're a company on a mission. Take a sneak peak at our mission and vision statements here.
Our latest news
Make sure you keep up to date with the latest news and views across the IN-SYNC Group.